It is the most expensive – and many would argue delicious – part of a sushi menu.
But one man’s love of sashimi nearly killed him after it led to his body becoming riddled with tapeworm.
The Chinese man had gone to his doctor complaining of stomach ache and itchy skin.
To his horror, scans revealed his entire body had been infected with tapeworm after eating too much sashimi – raw slices of fish.
Doctors believe some of the uncooked Japanese delicacy of raw meat or fish must have become contaminated.
Continue reading on the next page…