Connect with us

PICTURED: 25-Year-Old Australian Woman MISSING In Canada


PICTURED: 25-Year-Old Australian Woman MISSING In Canada

An Australian woman who is missing in Canada sent desperate texts to friends saying she was lost the night she vanished.

Alison Raspa, from Perth, was last seen leaving the Three Below Bar on Blackcomb Way at 11.30pm on November 22.

The 25-year-old was reported missing the next day when she failed to turn up to work.

Perth woman Alison Raspa (picture) 25 has been missing for almost a week 

Canadian police found Alison’s mobile phone at Alpha Lake park at 6.30am the day after she went missing, roughly seven kilometres from where she was last seen.

RCMP Whistler Staff Sergeant Paul Hayes has now revealed messages sent from her cellphone, indicated she was lost, reported.

‘She spoke with a friend in the Village Stroll area and later investigators believe Ms Raspa may have taken public transport to an area near Highway 99 and Lake Placid Road (before) walking west toward Alpha Lake,’ Sgt Hayes said.

‘At approximately 1.15am, Ms Raspa texted some of her friends to confirm she was lost.

‘A citizen found a jacket, backpack and wallet belonging to Ms Raspa. These items were found near Highway 99 and Lake Placid Road,’ he said.

Her phone had been found by another citizen in Alpha Lake Park.

Canadian police found Alison's mobile phone at the near-frozen Alpha Lake park at 6.30am the day after she went missing
Texts to friends reveal she knew she was lost 90 minutes after she was last seen

Sgt Hayes doesn’t believe foul play was at work however investigators are keeping an open mind as to different circumstances which lead to disappearance.

After two weeks of an intense ground search by police, emergency services and volunteers, efforts were suspended on Wednesday as all leads were exhausted.

On Saturday it was reported her family arrived in Canada to join the search.

Canadian media said Ms Raspa’s brother thanked everyone who had helped in the search to find his sister.

She was last seen leaving the Three Below Bar on Blackcomb Way at 11.30pm on November 22

She was last seen wearing a black jacket, with a white and black striped shirt and black pants and a blue backpack.

Police said they had spoken to Alison’s family and friends and were offering support ‘during this difficult time’.

Investigators have not commented whether or not Ms Raspa was intoxicated when she left Three Below Bar.

It is not believed Raspa walked the distance because of the late hour and the cold, with temperatures in Whistler dropping to 0C throughout the past week.

Alison is described as being white, with long brown hair and blue eyes

Police have revealed Ms Raspa’s last known movements, including that she spoke to a friend on a pathway near the bar shortly after leaving.

Ms Raspa was believed to have taken public transport from the Village to a highway stop, then walked about 200 metres to the park where her phone was found, police said. A bus between the two locations takes about 14 minutes.

Hayes would not confirm if a driver was being sought.

He said police ‘had some thoughts’ as to how Raspa got to Creekside, but they were yet to confirm whether those were correct.

Hayes earlier told AAP there was no indication of foul play but added police ‘have not ruled out any option in terms of what has happened or where Ms Raspa could be.’


Continue Reading

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top